Gris-PegGris-PEG (griseofulvin) is used to treat skin infections such as jock itch, athlete's foot, and ringworm; and fungal infections of the scalp, fingernails, and toenails.
Gris-Peg is currently unavailable. Please check back for updates
Buy Gris-PEG without a Prescription and Save!
What is Gris-PEG?
Griseofulvin is an antifungal medication. It is like an antibiotic but is used to treat fungal infections.
Gris-Peg is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, hair, and nails such as jock itch, athlete's foot, and barber's itch.
Gris-Peg may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Griseofulvin comes as a tablet, capsule, and liquid to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day or can be taken two to four times a day. Although your symptoms may get better in a few days, you will have to take griseofulvin for a long time before the infection is completely gone. It is usually taken for 2 to 4 weeks for skin infections, 4 to 6 weeks for hair and scalp infections, 4 to 8 weeks for foot infections, 3 to 4 months for fingernail infections, and at least 6 months for toenail infections. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take griseofulvin exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Shake the liquid well before each use to mix the medication evenly.
Continue to take griseofulvin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Gris-PEG without talking to your doctor.
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking Gris-PEG,
What should I do if I forget a dose of Gris-PEG?
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to griseofulvin, penicillin, or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin), oral contraceptives, cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune), phenobarbital (Luminal), and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease, porphyria, lupus, or a history of alcohol abuse.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking griseofulvin, call your doctor.
- tell your doctor if you drink alcohol.
- you should plan to avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Griseofulvin may make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Although side effects from griseofulvin are not common, they can occur. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- upset stomach
- diarrhea or loose stools
If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
- sore throat
- skin rash
- mouth soreness or irritation
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Keep the liquid away from light. Do not freeze. Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of Gris-PEG overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order certain lab tests to check your response to griseofulvin.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription. If you still have symptoms of infection after you finish the griseofulvin, call your doctor.
- Fulvicin P/G
- Grifulvin V
- Grisactin Ultra